* Increase awareness of bullying and cyberbullying in kids your age.
1. Read this first to understand today’s topic: Kids bully each other in many ways and its something people are talking about more these days. Here’s some ways kids bully each other…
Physical bullying means:
Hitting, kicking, or pushing someone…or even just threatening to do it
Stealing, hiding or ruining someone’s things
Making someone do things he or she don’t want to do
Verbal bullying means:
Relationship bullying means:
Refusing to talk to someone
Spreading lies or rumors about someone
Making someone do things he or she doesn’t want to do
I’m going to give you a few minutes to look at this website that talks about it more. Explore it and read. Website click here.
2. Another form of bullying is called cyberbullying. That’s when people use computers, web pages, phones, texts or online handheld devices to hurt, scare, tease or embarrass other people. This takes many forms we will learn about in other lessons with more focus. Today I want to start on this topic by you writing me a letter.
2. Read this to understand what to do today: Reading from a website to find information is different than using books. There is a lot of confusing information and links very often. Sometimes you have to read websites for information like this:
Read your question, know what you are looking for.
Read the first paragraph of a web page to see if it is a summary.
Look around for what you want to know by scanning for a few key words.
Re-read some things you have already read over when you find what you are looking for.
3. Go to this website to answer the questions on the worksheet. Website click here. Use the methods listed above to answer the questions.