*Learn the 4 basic steps to making math formulas in spreadsheets
*Input data into spreadsheets accurately
1. Understand the problem we’re going to solve by reading this:
Two bags of balloons that were going to be used to decorate the auditorium were taken and scattered all over the school yard! Kids were playing with them everywhere! Some student helpers went around and got as many as they could. To see how many were missing, the helpers counted the balloons. One helper kept count with tally marks on paper. We are going to put this count on a spreadsheet to see how many are missing.
Students will know how to open a new presentation, insert text insert images and change slide colors on a presentation program.
1. Make sure to have the guide in your hands.. Go to the podcast and have it ready. The podcast gives you instructions on how to do today’s task. The podcast is called “Presentation Guide 1.” Podcast site click here.
2. You are going to practice making a one slide presentation like the example Mr. Litt showed you. Follow the guide and/ or the podcast to help you.
Do these four things:
*open a new presentation,
*insert the words below in green into your slide,
*insert the image on this post
*and change the slide background color.
Text to put onto presentation:
Question: What cities in California are named after the mission that was there?
Answer: Many cities still are three examples are Santa Barbabra, San Rafael and San Francisco.
3. Show it to Mr. Litt when you are done for check off
Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo sailed up the California coast in 1542 to become the first Spanish sailor to see California. We are going to read about where he went, make a list of places he visited and draw on a map, where he sailed.
3. Download the worksheet. Answer the questions on the worksheet from the reading you just downloaded. Don’t confuse them! The first sheet is to read from, the second one, listed here is to write on! Download the worksheet by clicking here.
4. We will work together now and use a program called GIMP. It’s like photo shop, so we will use it to draw Cabrillo’s sailing route on a map. Click on the image posted with this blog entry and right click on it to choose “save image as”. Make sure you see where you are saving it to!
5. We will draw Cabrillo’s route from the places he saw from his ship on the California coast and put it onto our worksheet.